- Visitors can experience live art displays, musical performances, vibrant art installations and workshops
- Second part of Al Seef’s art season follows popularity of Sikka Art Fair
Art enthusiasts, fire up your creative imaginations, pull on your well-heeled boots and take them for a ‘Walk into Art, Culture and Tolerance’ at Al Seef from 28 March – 27 April.
Hosted in collaboration with Dubai Culture as part of their emirate-wide Art Dubai campaign, the six-week art event is the second part of the art season activations at Al Seef, the bustling waterfront destination by Meraas that blends traditional Emirati heritage with new-age architecture.
Al Seef’s art concept pays homage to the UAE’s Year of Tolerance and features an innovative and lively speed painting performance from Marcus Javier, a talented Colombian artist who has a flair for combining art and dance to create spectacular showpieces.
In addition, vibrant, Instagrammable art installations will be stationed across the destination as part of the event are guaranteed to keep social media buffs clicking and posting throughout the day.
The funky installations include:
- a tree of tolerance, a first-of-its-kind display where visitors can draw their national flags on blank leaves and hang them on the tree, representing the diversity of the UAE;
- an engaging art weaving activation that allows visitors to show off their creativity and weave elastic bands into stunning art pieces;
- mysterious ‘art in a box’ displays;
- decorative hanging art festooned along Al Seef’s alleys;
- and intriguing installations drawn together by the Museum of Illusions, which will be located at various points across the destination
Little ones and adults alike can check out the Souq Art District for an exciting range of kids workshops and collective art units for poetry, painting and photography.
And to top it all off, authentic street music performers, DJ and MC add to the lively ambience during the weekends to perfectly complement this artist’s haven.
The first part of the Meraas destination’s activations saw the popular Sikka Art Fair launch, held until 22 March. A joint initiative between Al Seef and Al Fahidi Historic District, the lively and engaging exhibition showcased art displays from local and regional talent. Gifted artists created vibrant masterpieces on the spot in front of a live audience and beautifully captured the sentiments of the Year of Tolerance. Visitors also enjoyed a host of live musical performances from emerging young acts.
Click here to view schedule